National Transport Authority
Active Travel Logger Website and Smarter Travel Step Counter
This Privacy Notice is issued by the National Transport Authority ofDún Scéine, Harcourt Lane, Dublin 8 (" NTA", " we", " us", " our"). It provides an overview of the data relating to you that we may collect and use in connection with the Active Travel Logger and Smarter Travel Step Counter, how we will use it and how you can exercise your rights in relation to your data. More detailed information can be found here.
What personal data do we collect?
The personal data we may collect includes:
- your name and contact details
- your photograph if provided
- your gender, weight, average activity levels and health data
- your organisation i.e. workplace or college
- your mode of transport to your organisation
- your distance travelled to your organisation
- the username and password to your account on the Active Travel Logger Website
- any additional information you provide us
How is your personal data used?
The main purposes for which we use your personal data are to:
- register and manage your account on the Active Travel Logger Website and provide you with support
- allow you to use the Smarter Travel Step Counter to count/sync steps
- inclusion in run competitions and promotions and Smarter Travel Challenges
- send you updates and carry out research and customer satisfaction surveys
- uploading photographs to social media, websites, ezines and reports in relation to Smarter Travel Challenges, promotions and competitions
- send you promotional and marketing materials, subject to any preferences that you express
- generate and analyse statistics regarding usage of the Active Travel Logger Website
- perform our functions as a public authority and comply with our legal obligations.
The main legal bases on which we process your personal data are that this is necessary for the performance of tasks carried out in the public interest or for the performance of our contract with you, to comply with our legal obligations or that you have given your consent.
Sharing of personal data
We may share your personal data with other organisations including:
- third party service providers in connection with the Active Travel Logger Website and the Smarter Travel Step Counter, such as outsourced service providers, IT services providers, professional advisers and auditors
- ther public authorities and bodies where required or permitted by law, such as the Gardaí for the purposes of the prevention, investigation or detection of crime.
You have the rights, subject to certain restrictions, to:
- access your personal data
- request rectification and/or erasure of your personal data
- restrict the use of your personal data
- bject to the processing of your personal data
- receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require us to transmit that data to another controller
If you have any questions or would like to exercise any of your rights in relation to your data, please contact us at email@example.com or you can contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Users who do not consent to their data being used for the stated purpose will not be able to register on the Active Travel Logger and therefore will not be able to participate in any challenges – in accordance with GDPR guidelines.
Are you sure you want to decline consent and leave the registration process?
Terms and Conditions
National Transport Authority
Access to and use of the National Transport Authority’s (the "Authority") website at ActiveTravelLogger.ie and Smarter Travel Step Counter is governed by these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions set out the basis upon which you are entitled to use the National Transport Authority’s website at ActiveTravelLogger.ie and Smarter Travel Step Counter.
The Authority reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online without prior notification.
You are responsible for regularly reviewing information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes as the updated Terms and Conditions will apply to your subsequent uses of the Active Travel Logger website and Step Counter.
While every effort is made ensure that the information on this site is correct, the Authority makes no warranty or representation, express or implied, in relation to such information and material. The contents of these pages are intended to facilitate partner organisations of the Smarter Travel programmes to run walking, cycling and public transport challenges, and are provided as an information guide only.
The Authority shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such information or material.
Part of this site contains materials submitted to the Authority by third parties. Third parties are responsible for ensuring that materials submitted for inclusion on this site comply with national and relevant foreign law. The Authority cannot guarantee the accuracy of this material and shall have no liability for any loss or damage howsoever arising, be it by negligence or otherwise, caused as a result of use of or by reliance on the material contained on this site or any failure or alleged failure in the delivery of the services referred to herein, or in event of the bankruptcy, liquidation or cessation of trade of any third party. Confirmation of the accuracy and currency in the information should be sought from the establishments concerned.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, such Term(s) or Condition(s) shall be severed and deleted from the clause concerned and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the Irish courts. This, however, shall not prevent the Authority from pursuing a claim for breach of contract, copyright infringement or otherwise in respect of these Terms and Conditions or this site in any other jurisdiction.
In using this site, you shall not post illegal, immoral, provocative or defamatory statements in or on any part of the site, or post on or submit to the site any material which might cause the Authority to violate any applicable law, statute, directive or regulation or that could, in the Authority’s sole discretion, adversely affect the goodwill or reputation of the Authority or of its programmes or agents.
Prizes and Competitions
Details of prizes for Smarter Travel Challenges will be announced on the relevant prizes pages on the Smarter Travel Workplaces website.
Individual challenges may comprise a mix of internal-Partner prizes and Authority-awarded prizes.
The provision of internal-Partner prizes is a matter for the individual Partner organisation.
For Authority prizes, how prizes are awarded will be clearly stated for each competition e.g. prize draw, merit-related etc. Details of prize winners (name, team, organisation) will be published in media/ arenas including but not limited to – Authority websites, social media accounts, Partner emails/ ezines, Partner seminars. For competitions relating to stories/ photos or other material provided by participants, the winning entries will be published by the Authority as above.
Details of prize winners or winning photos/ stories may be withheld at the request of the winner – Please contact the Smarter Travel Workplaces directly to do this. Please note that for auditing purposes, a level of detail will need to be published.
The awarding of Authority prizes is subject to the decision of the Authority, and the Authority reserves the right to award all or none of the prizes stated. The decision of the Authority is final.
Winners may also be asked to participate in a publicity shoot. By participating in a shoot, participants agree that their image may be used in Authority publicity and materials.
To be eligible for Authority Prizes, winners must be resident in the Republic of Ireland and be employees or students of a Smarter Travel Workplaces or Smarter Travel Campus Partner.
Unless expressly indicated otherwise, the material contained on this site is owned by the Authority.
You are permitted to print and download extracts from this site on the following basis:
- Use of Authority documents and related graphics on this site is for information and/or personal use only.
- Any copies of these pages saved to a storage device may only be used for subsequent viewing purposes or to print extracts for personal use.
- No documents or related graphics on this site are to be modified in any way.
- Graphics on this site are not to be used separately from the accompanying text.
- No part of this site may be reproduced or stored in any other site or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without the Authority’s prior written permission.
All product names, model names, slogans, logos and emblems, referred to on this site, whether or not appearing in large print or with the TM or trademark symbol, (the "Marks") are trademarks, service marks, or trade names of the National Transport Authority, its transport partners, its licensors or contractors, as appropriate. All rights in the Marks are reserved and no license or right to use is granted to users. In addition, the use or misuse of Marks is expressly prohibited without the Authority or the pertinent owner's prior written permission.
There are a number of types of leaderboards, depending on the individual challenge taking place.
For Overall and Desk Based leaderboards, rankings are based on average steps/ journeys logged. Desk-based teams are teams who are generally based at a desk during their work hours.
Additional Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions relate to the operation of the Active Travel Logger website and Step Counter app.
If you have any suggestions or comments in relation to the Active Travel Logger website please email email@example.com or write to:
Smarter Travel Programme
National Transport Authority