We are committed to making the information on this website accessible to all people. To this end we have designed the Active Travel Logger website to follow guidelines set out by the W3C (the World Wide Web Consortium). The W3C WAI (Web Accessibility Initiative) produces accessibility guidelines that are an internationally recognised benchmark of accessibility.
In constructing the site, we have applied all WAI Priority 1, Priority 2, and Priority 3 criteria. The benefits of this include:
- Pages are fast to download, regardless of whether you are using broadband or a modem.
- All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional ensuring that they work with a wide variety of browsers, old and new.
- This site uses only relative text sizes, allowing users to change font easily using their browser.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), the content of each page is still readable.
- All recent content images used in this site include descriptive ALT (i.e. alternative text) attributes. Certain decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
A note on the PDF document format
Some of the information on this website is available in PDF format to provide for easier reading and printing offline. However, PDF documents are not always accessible (except in the case of PDF documents created with the latest Adobe Acrobat software). Certain documents were created before this software was available.
PDF documents on this site require Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded here.
The site is designed to support the following browsers:
- Chrome on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android (Latest)
- Firefox on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android (Latest)
- Edge on Windows (Latest)
- Safari on Mac, iOS (Latest)
- Internet Explorer on Windows (10+)
This site uses reCAPTCHA across multiple pages. reCAPTCHA is a free service, which is designed to prevent automated software from abusing site facilities. On several screens, such as Register, you may be prompted to prove you are human by selecting the correct image(s) in a given puzzle.
Please click here to read more about reCAPTCHA.